Thursday, April 08, 2010

Mystery revealed.

So after a super busy week last week and 4 days of a super long working weekend out of town, I managed to hook up with my tranny guy this evening.

Earlier I had managed to get the transfer case out by myself and got the crossmember out and the engine supported and all but 4 bolts out. Tranny guy came over around 6ish to lend a hand with his cool tranny jack. We got it out in just a few minutes and ran it over to his shop.

Turns out that he neglected to tighten all the bolts holding the pump to the front part of the tranny.

That lets virtually all the pressure the pump generates go squirting out into useless space inside the tranny instead of providing pressure to make things spin and drive the truck forward… apparently I was pretty lucky just to get it rolling out of the garage.

So 20-30 minutes at the shop cleaning and putting parts back together and less than an hour of him really going the extra mile(he did not do initial installation into my truck) by helping me put driveshaft back up and crossmember and transfer case… etc…

I'm real busy tomorrow but Saturday might see me spend that last 2 hours double checking everything and getting that pesky LR wheel stud installed and misc things and get this rig back on the road!

Very excited…!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home