Saturday, March 27, 2010

Tranny x3

This part is supposed to be hidden inside the tranny up under the truck.

It’s not.

This means my tranny guy took time out of his evening and came over and pulled the valve body hoping to find the problem why the pump isn’t putting out any pressure.
Long story longer-tranny has to come out and go to his shop where it will be further dissected and hopefully returned to its original proper glory and begin motivating me in a forward motion instead of not.

The rule of threes.

I pulled the driveshafts, put all 4 wheels up on jackstands and in the process found that one of the rear wheel studs was spinning in the axle-joy! I am swamped at work so its prob gonna be after Easter before I even get the tranny out. =(

I have been racking my brain trying to figure out any possible reason that this would happen but no answers have presented themselves. Possibly this motor makes too much power? But that doesn’t make sense as I did fireup and so forth in Park sitting in the garage. It’s not fluid level since I added almost 4 gallons in a tranny that takes 17 pints(8 pints=1 gallon) bone dry! My pan is deeper and I have 17' of -6AN cooler line and a 10x10 plate cooler so that is added capacity. Dipstick read slightly above full in neutral by the time I pulled the tranny.
Nothing could have got in the tranny while I worked on it since the converter never came out of tranny from the day it left the build shop and if dipstick was out-I was adding fluid yet when I pulled the pan there was a small 5/16” lockwasher in the bottom of the pan.

Nothing left to do but wait and see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home