Friday, March 19, 2010

The primary action requires a secondary action that makes the intial action a tertiary action.

So every single action on this truck has required an initial but secondary action in order to complete the primary(now tertiary) action.
-
This driveshaft was sold to me by a IFSJA member as my original one was too short since I changed from a 219 transfer case to a shorter 208. It came with bad U-joints-no problem. So in order to install shaft I had to order and install new ujoints. Rear half installed in vehicle with ease. Front half would not install the last bolt-super hard and 1/4" bolts so I didnt want to break them.
Sooo off to Valley Wide Fasteners(best bolts supplier!) for new un-stripped bolts. Driveshaft BACK out of vehicle so I can get my tap in there to clean up threads. Then driveshaft BACK into vehicle for the last time. (primary action now tertiary)

Good thing I checked(again) the intake manifold gasket as it was severely impeding the airflow into the chamber. I didnt notice the tin snips on the ground when I took the picture but they came in handy as I had to modify(every part on this truck?!) the gasket to not impede airflow.

After modification.

  AS you can see from the following 2 photos that the attachment of the manifolds that do not belong together(1981 intake, 1991 exhaust, 1991 head) I had to go BACK to VWF and get some heavy washers to go under the OEM washers. Well, rather than go back a THIRD time in one day to correct my too long bolts-I added generic washers under the bolt head for spacers.
  Those SUPER heavy duty washers are there to reach out and grab both manifolds at the same time and hold them securely to the head.


This is what the drivers side of the engine looks like when its put together (for the last time!) Thanks to my machinist Bill for 'tanking' my manifold.

And the front at close of business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home