Monday, March 15, 2010

Tensioner OBA bracket complete

Today I spent a couple hours in the wrecking yard, finding both a fffford and Chevy tensioner that "bends" the correct way. I took one off a 91 ffffford and an 89 Chevy. I ended up using the 89 Chevy as it has a bit more clearance to the heater hose. Plus it’s a Chevy. So I cut up the 73 ford York bracket to fit where I wanted it, then I cut up the 89 Chevy bracket so just a little bit was remaining where the tensioner mounted. Then it was a 'simple' matter of tacking it in place and then bending/measuring and fitting to make it line up properly. Some welding and cutting and welding and spacing and cutting and welding and bending and grinding and here we go.
I have the luxury of using the tensioner OR removing it and simply swinging the alternator to tension the belt.

Finally I can move on to other things. Will paint/condition tomorrow and get a lot of stuff put back together. Fought the driver tire tonight-took off lug nuts and wheel wouldn’t come off. Beat and pried and finally resorted to my favorite tool-plumbers torch!
BTW-I realized last night that I have been routing the belt improperly. This is the correct way. This is a 930K6/K060930 belt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home