Friday, March 05, 2010

Longer delay for OBA

Due to unrelated factors I am kind of stalled and since it wasnt going to be ready in time for heading into the snowy mountains today I decided to accept the delay and increase it... pics coming but I started putting the accessory brackets on and am thankful I took many pictures.

What a PITA... and silly me-I sent some of the 91 and 89 brackets along with the 81 brackets to the hot tank so they got all mixed up... more headaches... Also I had to contend with the intake being moved up much higher than stock and almost 0.060" being taken off the head and block in total.

So the delay is me going forward with doing the OBA york conversion NOW instead of later.

This means I needed to find the serpentine clutch pulley for my York. I actually got 2 Yorks and it turns out I ended up with a 209 and a 210. The 209 puts out 8.x CFM and the 210 puts out slightly over 10CFM free air. I will be using the 210 off a 72 ford extended cab camper special w/maybe the 460? anyway... the other one came off a dodge van and was vertical. Ive got plenty of room either sideways or vert. These York can be run in both sideways or vertical configuartion AND they dont care which way they spin! CW/CCW doesnt matter.

4 CFM at 90 pounds pressure at 1,000 engine RPM with the 258 crankshaft pulley and the 5.875 york pulley

So ebay wanted $165 for the serp clutch, kilby wanted 145+20 shipping, and I am not only cheap but poor... so I used google and a few hours of my time to find the same 5030 clutch kilby uses and at a cheaper price.

these guys; http://www.valairinc.com/airconditioning/ac.html sold me the clutch for $65 +$15 shipping.
B48927 12V - 6" - 6 Groove York Clutch (1 or 2 wire coil) $65.00
B48531 12V - 6" - 2 Groove York Clutch (1 or 2 wire coil) $65.00
B48 8Groove 12V - 6" - 8 Groove York Clutch (1 or 2 wire coil) $65.00
for those in the future-in case the link is dead- call ValAir Inc. @ 940-327-0682 and ask for Todd Harrington.
Super helpful and pleasant.
I compiled an excel file with part numbers and cross reference numbers using the ryder website. http://www.ryderfleetproducts.com/cgi-bin/ryderfp/browse/srm/oid/-8242/erm/browsemain.jsp

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home