Tuesday, March 23, 2010

It's ALIVE!

Well, it’s alive. Yesterday. Sorta. It’s still dead but the engine lives. This is a video of one of the times starting it.

(I chose this video since it was low Mb content. It stopped running because I didn't realize choke was on too much and the fan noise is a large blower I set up to make sure overheat during fire wasn't an issue)

There are other earlier videos but none of the other ones ran for long enough because… first it didn’t have fuel cause the hose going to the gas can of brand new 91 octane had floated up out of the fuel. Then it wouldn’t fire since I had forgot to connect the IGN wire to the module.

Once those things came together-it fired right up. And I broke in the cam.

Well… a few issues… one-the new tensioner pulley literally touches the electric fan… it ‘clearanced’ itself but I will need to spend some time doing some custom fan work to get some real clearance! At this point-I cant even remove the fan belt or the fan… LOL!

Second-the starter sounds like death sometimes when engine is warm. And the el cheapo key switch I custom modified is a piece of junk and will actually keep engaging the solenoid unless I manually move the key back to “run” anyone know where to find a good quality universal key switch?

And the kicker…truck will only go forward under extreme throttle input and … so the rule of 3 applies. I initially put this brand new rebuilt tranny together with the engine only to remember/discover that I forgot to include the bellhousing cover plate. So back apart and then back together with the right parts in the right places.

So it appears after 2 visits(without truck) to the tranny shop that

1-I have no pump pressure
2-tranny has to be drained, pan pulled and POSSIBLY for the THIRD time(charm) pull the tranny out and have the shop do(warrantied) repairs.

JOY.

1 Comments:

Blogger Architect Critic said...

Sounds good!

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home