Sunday, April 18, 2010

Dump bed mockup

Well, I finally got the dump bed working.

It has zero load capacity until I make the frame for under the bed and load supporting things but I can get it to go up/down on its own. I did this to find out what works/doesn't work and to start on positioning.

I have no idea why I thought 45 degrees was mandatory for dump angle. I got 36 degrees out of it and its real obvious that unless I'm transporting slug goo-anything i put in it will fall out!

So now I have figured that I am going to keep the HF ram and setup. Especially after I saw pump pricing at over $300 and then $200 ram and then hose and back to the reason I wanted the HF one. (this is halfway down)


I also uploaded some vids to YouTube that are a little out of date but still pretty cool.
Fireup vid
Open headers
Dump bed link if the embedded video does not work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home