Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Wisdom over pride

Well, my goal was to drive this project over the Sierras to Fallon for Christmas.
Since starting this project at the end of October, with all the days I had other stuff going on, I figure I lost about 20+ working days.
So I wasn't able to finish it in time for a confident drive in the snow.
I got it started and running great but heater wasn't in, hood not on, no bed of any kind, and a few other assorted important items.
So rather than end up cold/wet, cramped, and tired from staying up all night working on it, I opted to choose wisdom in using a known good rig over my pride of driving something that wasn't yet proven.

So thanks to our REALLY good friends Herb/Charlie, we borrowed their 4x4 suburban and spent 6 hours and 350 miles getting to Fallon by way of Redding...(to pick up Amy's sister Jenn as a surprise for their parents)
Trip was in 4x4 from almost Redding to just past Susanville.

When we get back home I'm going to add a video of it running. I ran it for 10-15 minutes Tuesday but then it started coughing and finally died and wouldn't restart.
Later that night I figured that there wasn't anything wrong and I bet I just ran out of gas... LOL

2 Comments:

Blogger charlienchico said...

Glad you made it there!!! Enjoy the white stuff.
Love,
Herb and Charlie

9:32 PM  
Blogger livingonsolar said...

Merry Christmas to all.

Love, Jim & Debbie

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home