Friday, December 05, 2008

got a few things finished up yesterday.

this is the parking brake adapter that lets me use the jeep cable system with the OEM pedal so it looks stock. (view from underneath drivers side front fender)

no picture but I had a gmc radiator layin around that I'm going to have modified ($35)and make fit. gonna swap the filler and the inlet to mate up with the jeep. I originally thought I had to buy a new ($375+)rad and have custom made but the GMC fits in there real nice and give me enough engine room to mount electric fan on side as puller. This will save me from having to mount in front of rad in pusher configuration which is %80 efficient compared to puller.
since I'm using OEM core-i need the max cool even though this 258(4.2) 6 cyl tends to run cool.

I spent a lot of time cleaning and prepping to get ready to sandblast/paint the interior. while cleaning out the doors(2 pounds of superfine norcal red dirt dust powder) I found a SUPER condition 1951 quarter. from other evidence-it appears this truck has been sitting in a field since 1961 or 1962... =)

free web counter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home