Wednesday, November 26, 2008

not much new

well, Saturday I used my 52 GMC for the first time in 5 years to go get a free truck. was fun-my clutch is worthless but I made it home... =)

Sunday ended up not being a work day for a lot of reasons.

Monday I got the welder fan to turn on for the first time ever.
was welding up the new brake pedal arm to the old jeep one


the pedal arm glowed red hot and I laid down a LOT of new material.
-----------
-NOTE-
the fan on the welder only turns on when the welder has been put to extended or hard use. during all of my typical welding-i can weld solid for 60-90 seconds and it wont turn on. this was over 5 minutes of solid welding at a very high heat range
-------

today and tomorrow are no-truck days. I’m wiring a 57 Chevy car-pretty much from scratch.
harness was supposed to be a plug-n-play but turns out the ends aren’t terminated so its measure, layout, testfit, cut, splice, crimp, attach, wrap THEN play...


Thurs is t-day so nogo there and then Fri is wreck yard fun and maybe some truck and sat we have our good friends in town-I’m gonna try to drag him out to watch me work but... =) wife override... possibly.
I’m anxious since I don’t have much left before I fire it. new sandblaster is assembled and ready to rumble then its wash/clean/paint and put it all back together. heater first-its getting cold!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home