Monday, December 22, 2008

radiator day

Today was radiator day.

First I replaced the serpentine belt which according to kragen and any other place-doesn't exist for this base rig-VIN and door tag says its a 1980 jeep cherokee 4.2 FLAPS say it has V-belt, my eyes tell me serpentine. So finally I got the part number off old belt and it appears to be a 1981...

This is my lower radiator hose-1 modified and 2 stock 1 1/2" copper plumbing fittings, 6 hose clamps and a partridge in a pear tree...
looking up from below;

Down from top;

This took a lot of work-thanks to Del Carlos radiator shop here in town-its ready to install. I made the shroud and fan mounting, can you spot the differences between stock and modified radiator? D you know what this radiator fits?

Its close but it does clear. And its HEAVY! I think I pulled it in/out maybe 50-60 times checking for fitment. Full of water(for testing-antifreeze is EXPENSIVE!)

I am using the jeep gauges stashed behind the dash until I can afford to have custom OEM-look ones made.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home