Thursday, September 16, 2010

strapless top

Well finally after driving topless or hoood on but strapped down, I finally got the hood to close properly and latch.
The latch had been as far as 2 inches out and through random adjustments, loosening fenders, and pry, pound, wedge-I got it to be mostly in alignment.
I think I will still use a safety above the normal second catch but no more tie-down straps holding the hood closed! This means wind noise reduced, most likely better MPG and now my mirrors wont vibrate like crazy in the wind! note the mariner blue showing on the hood-factory color. I will maintain the history but go a little darker blue.

I've been noodling around-got that pesky weatherstripping tucked where its supposed to go, wired my compressor with the new weatherpac connector, re-did the screws on the taillights so they looks a little more age appropriate. I readjusted the car trailer bearings and brought it back to life after not using for a year? Just been doing little bits and pieces. New shocks all the way around-not hard and especially with the dump bed-easy access!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home