Sunday, July 04, 2010

Flagpole-finally!

Well, I finally last night got the flagpole installed, I guess I mean set up since its been a long-running project for the last month or so.
Was gonna put the pole in the ground but saw a friends setup and copied it(this allows it to be swung down for service)... with the googled recommended depth 10% of height out of ground... websites called for 18 INCHES in the ground!
Mine ended up with all kinds of rebar welded to it and the bottom of the hole was over 65 inches down.

This flag was flown every day by my wifes grandpa-we are very happy to have it and will fly it on special occasions to preserve it.

I dragged the welder out today and after installing the pulley and rope and snaps last night, I welded on the mailbox supports for both the BIG mailboxes.

This flag was flown over the capitol when it was occupied by a citizen.

Ive also been spending time picking various neighbors apricot trees. Picked probably 40# the first time and then maybe 50-60# the second time and tonight picked over 100#(all weighed on my trusty UPS scale...nerds unite!)

Canned 6 jars tonight. Yesterday and day before trimmed up enough to spread out on a 4'x8' for drying in the sun.

So glad I have a truck I can just throw a ladder in and haul stuff!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home