Saturday, September 04, 2010

Getting ready for bed

Ha-Im actually writing this before bed but I am also in the middle of a productive weekend working on completing the bed.
-taking out the temp test bed


-throwing it on the ground with crashing noises!

-making sure i have max stroke on cylinder.

I have been driving it like this for a few days this week. One guy said it looked like my truck was broken cause the bed is dumped up a little so that it doesnt go down too far and hit cab.

Wife is gone for the long weekend so I am charged with working on the truck to get closer to finished so I can start on her suburban.

Got up early to go to halfprice day at wrecking yard-got a carb, BUNCH of linkages, some carb jets in various sizes, 2 crank-up cable spare tire hangers, a bellhousing cover, and a f***(not chevy) tailgate reflector to use behind my lights. All of that for less than $50!

Ive been driving with 1/3 throttle max since getting it on the road and its done fine. After my trip to yard I used some bits and pieces from 2 linkages to make a new, proper linkage with better geometry. That still wasnt enough so I had to modify the pedal a little-I added a thick piece of UHMW behind pedal to give me %100 throttle.
Ran around the block and, um, FAST! =)

Also prepped the bed crossmembers, primered them, got some holes drilled I needed and some other misc stuff.
-
Oh-and the panel runs again, I just need insurance and a trip to DMV to get it off non-op. And I need to do some little misc stuff to make it drivable like clean out the rest of the back. It has been over 5 years now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home