Tuesday, May 05, 2009

teardown

well, my worst fears were NOT realized. i took the oil pan down and tried to find any internal damage-maybe a broken rod, maybe a loose rod cap, maybe a spun bearing or missing bearing...
could not find anything OBVIOUS.
took #6 rod cap down and bearing out. it looks worn but clean and possibly half life. donor has had oil pan off before(goop residue) so may have been rebuilt.


good news-timing chain has 75-80 degrees of slop in it. no wonder i have zero power!

doing census work and they want my 4x4--I do too! so instead of yanking motor and being down for 4 weeks, I'm going to attempt to pull timing and replace.
if that doesn't fix it-its only a loss of energy since i can use the superior new timing chain on the stroker motor. Guess what I'm doing all day tomorrow...

oh-and we have ants

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home